Sports injuries occur suddenly and can severely impact an athlete’s performance. If you have recently obtained a sport injury, or have dealt with one in the past, you’ll know the pain and discomfort that often accompany this type of injury. However, our Orland Park doctors at Orland Park Integrated Health Center are here to help you recover quickly and return to your activities through our offered pain management treatments. Our doctors evaluate your sports injury and determine an individualized plan of care to ease your discomfort, support your joints, speed your recovery, and relieve your pain. You do not have to sit on the sidelines for another minute. Call us today to schedule an evaluation to determine which pain management approach is best for you.
Sports Injury Specialist in Orland Park
Our integrative medicine doctors help identify and treat your sports injuries. These types of conditions often fall into one of the following categories:
- Overuse injuries — if you perform the same activities in the same way, you risk overusing the muscles and joints. This may lead to pain, lack of motion, or general weakness. Our doctors can educate you on proper body mechanics to help restore balance and prevent future overuse injuries from occurring.
- Sprain — a sprain occurs when the ligaments are injured. This may be a stretch, twist, or a tear. The ligaments connect two bones and also support a joint. You may experience a strain in a knee, elbow, or shoulder from sport participation.
- Strain — a muscle strain is the result of the muscles being overstretched or torn. You may experience limited motion, tenderness, swelling, or bruising, and we can help you heal and overcome the discomfort.
- Back pain — you may experience back pain if your spine is not in alignment or as a result of improper motion. Our doctors help align your spine and return you quickly to sport play.
- Stress fractures — a small crack in the bone that may be the result of overuse or high-impact activities such as running.
- Concussions — an injury to the head may result in a concussion. If you experience dizziness, headaches, nausea, blurred vision, or unconsciousness, please seek medical attention immediately. Then, our doctors can help restore your neck and back alignment to promote circulation and healing.
Sports injuries may also show themselves in heel pain, shoulder pain, knee discomfort, and inflammation. Our doctors can help evaluate your condition and select a proper pain treatment for you. We can also teach you exercises to strengthen weaker muscles and to support a healthy body position. Our goal is to quickly return you to your active lifestyle. Our pain management treatments offered at Orland Park Integrated Health double as preventative care to strengthen your body to avoid re-injury in the future. Physical activity is important for a healthy body and once you learn proper body techniques and ways to avoid overuse injuries, you will remain active for years to come.
Our Orland Park doctors are here to make life easier and pain-free. Do not let sports injuries slow you down. If you or a loved one is suffering from a sports injury, please call us today to schedule your evaluation. We will help you heal quickly and return to your sports. We offer convenient hours, private consultations, and new-patient specials. Contact us today to start the healing process.